SaraJane

Just a girl trying to get by. If I found a nice guy to get by with along the way, that wouldn't be all bad.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Movies... I could cry

I don't know what is wrong with our AMC movie theater but we are actually getting good movies this week and next.  Granted they are movies the rest of the country has already seen…  I'm so excited!  Does anyone have any recommendations from the following list?

Shop Girl
The Passenger (a 1975 Jack Nicholson movie, who knows)

Paradise Now
Squid and the Whale
End of the Spear (what's that?)
Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World (I hear not so good things about it)…
MATCH POINT (If its awful, don't even tell me… I can't wait!)
Capote
The Matador (I know nothing about this one but it has Greg Kinear)…

Just how many movies can you go see before they kick you out because you only paid for one???

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the movies. 

5 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Dagny said...

The Matador also has Pierce Brosnan if I am not mistaken.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Katie said...

you have a lot of great films to choose from. Match Point was wonderful, and Shop Girl was as well, though not as great as the book. Can't personally comment on Squid, but heard it's terrific.
Enjoy!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Buffy said...

Shop Girl is good but its very slow if youre not in 'that kind of mood'. Dont watch it unless you can handle a slow, somewhat depressive, flick.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also like Shopgirl, but agree that it can be slow at times. That's the only one I've seen.

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that End of the Spear is so so, but better if you're into good old-fashioned Christian reconciliation. Tribe kills missionaries, missionaries' families go and reconcile with the tribe. I think that's how it goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home