SaraJane

Just a girl trying to get by. If I found a nice guy to get by with along the way, that wouldn't be all bad.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Here I am

Back from London.  Not much to say.  No fabulous pictures to post or cute stories to tell.  Ok, maybe just one.

We went to the London Eye.  It’s a large ferris wheel thing with glass pods attached.  Ten people go in each pod.  It's a great way to get your perspective on London.  We're standing in line and I hear some American students (girls maybe 19 or 20), way too loud, way too many f bombs.  "Oh my god we were so drunk!"  Obnoxious laugh, obnoxious laugh.  Guess what?  They got on the pod with us.  As we get on, I think "Could I have been that annoying when I was 19 and studying abroad?  Surely, no."

So they proceed to climb around and take pictures with their flashes on (ah, hello?  When you just looked back a second ago and said "oh, all that I'm getting is a reflection of the flash", didn't think to turn it off rather than continuing to blind your pod partners.)  About 3/4ths of the way through the flight (I don't know. Its sponsored by British Airways, they call it a flight), the girl who bugs me the most starts complaining that her father wants her to take American home for the holidays.  Going on and on about she would MUCH rather be on British Airways or at least Virgin, because he probably won't even pay for an upgrade or anything.  (Insert more F-words, I'm seriously not even doing this girl justice… so much more annoying than I'm telling you)…

Then the kicker.

"I mean as it stand right now, I have to fly to f-ing Dublin. Then from Dublin to Chicago and then Chicago to Omaha."

Oh my god.  I was that annoying.  She's from my city.  Of course I was that annoying.  I held back urges to take her aside and spit wash the booze off her face and spank her.

I’m so sorry London.  I was an annoying student back in the day.  I'm sorry people who had to take the Tube with my girlfriends and I after we had been out all night drinking and we were taking our walk of shame home.  I'm sure we smelled great.

That's my story.  Holiday cheer to come.  I promise more frequent updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home