Forest from the trees.
Could it be? Could I possibly be coming out of the woods? I believe the "case" is coming to a close. We settled the largest portion of the lawsuit this week. Check in hand, money in the bank. My boss keeps coming by my desk and saying "the check really cleared the bank?" It was an early Thanksgiving present. So we have about 1/6th to worry about now and that is in the hands of our well paid lawyers.
For those of you who were following my cryptic messages before, nothing has changed. All of the allegations are still there. And if I didn't believe in karma/fate/destiny/God's wrath I would be so pissed right now. You see, in the world of Corporate America sometimes the bad guy wins. We as individuals try to do the right thing, try to stand up for things that are good and just, try to support the underdog, try to speak for those who can't speak for themselves… but we as a company do a cost/benefit analysis. What will this do for the stock price and how much money could we recover? The reality is people who steal large amounts of money generally are not good investors. That money is long since up their nose or down some girl's panties. And we can't afford the bad publicity.
So where does this leave me? A little older, hopefully a little wiser. Unfortunately a little less trusting. But my freedom is at hand. I can almost see the way out of this forest.

1 Comments:
I'm thinking you may actually be still lost in the woods, trapped under something very large keeping you from typing.
Post a Comment
<< Home