Christmas came early.
So U2 came to Omaha. Finally. I can't even believe it.
Where to begin?
The beginning I suppose. The tickets were a Christmas present to my ten year old niece. We got general admissions and my friend Mindy bought one a couple of weeks ago too. Without going into too many details, the stage is in the shape of a big circle. There is a lottery system to decide which GA ticket holders get inside the circle. Inside the circle is pretty much all front row. We didn't win the lottery. But they try to put all of the kids inside the circle so they are safe. So our kid got us inside the circle.
We made friends with the people around us. My niece explained to them that she would be getting up on stage with Bono. Everyone agreed to help her. She explained the security guard that she would be getting on stage with Bono. He agreed to help her.
Then the time came, and she got on stage with Bono. What can I say? My little baby was holding Bono's hand. I couldn't breathe. I could still hyperventilate just thinking about it.
He sang Sunday, Bloody Sunday. And then he got to the bridge and he said "Where is that little girl that I saw?" and he came over and twenty people held her up. Even the security guard was freaking out.
He took her up front and sat her down on a speaker. And she helped him to get the crowd screaming "No MORE!"… and she stayed up there, rocking out to the rest of the song. I have pictures, but I don't know how to post them. I'll probably have to have Katie post them or something.
She even got a nod on the official U2 website. Seriously.
I know I asked for a Tassimo for Christmas, but my family can take it back. I don't need anything else in life.

1 Comments:
Go check the pics here:
http://sweetpeakate.typepad.com
Post a Comment
<< Home