What is appropriate?
Ladies (and DDJ) - I just saw a colleague in the hall and it struck me how inappropriate the length of her skirt looked. Her legs are a little on the meaty side. And she was wearing ivory colored pantyhose (I even hate the word pantyhose)… why would anyone think making their legs look pasty white is a good thing to do? Not that I'm a fan of suntan colored hose either. Hose in general are bad. At times the norms of corporate America force us to wear them. It is unfortunate. I have also decided that black pantyhose look very bad on people. I am a fan of fishnets. I wish I didn't work in such a conservative field or industry. I will be bringing the honey colored tightly-woven fishnets to the office fashion landscape, however. And I love tights, but they don't looks so good with some suits.
But back to the skirt length issue. Basically, I think for most work settings, the skirt should be pretty close to the knee. Just my thought. I personally hate seeing the fat on the back of people's legs, right above the knee. It isn't flattering.
Another challenge to the skirt length, I love fun lengths and fun hems… but most people should not cut themselves off at the fattest part of their calf either. I'm not very tall but having longer legs, three-quarter length skirts often hit me at this awkward spot.
Well, that's my story about skirts. Let me hear what you have to say about this whole thing.

2 Comments:
aren't short skirts out right now, anyway, big time? I agree--I've got chubby legs and I'm relieved that the longer lengths are in--and are way more flattering. I'm hoping the trend sticks for eternity.
Pfffft on longer skirts. My long legs are one of my best features. I'll be damned if I am going to cover them up.
Post a Comment
<< Home