SaraJane

Just a girl trying to get by. If I found a nice guy to get by with along the way, that wouldn't be all bad.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Do you ever look back over a few days and just think "What the f?"…  I'll spare you the details, but my weekend was a little crazy.

On a lighter note, my little brother is trying to set me up on a blind date.  He even used the words "blind date".  Seems a little bizarre to me.  It's always interesting to see who people would put you with…  I had a hand-me-down blind date a few months ago from a good friend.  A Greek lawyer.  I like Greeks and believe it or not, I actually like lawyers.  After the date, which was not awful as far as lunch goes just awful for a date… my dear friend says "oh, yea. Forgot to tell you that he is short.  I meant to tell you not to wear heals."  Ok - So I should start dressing for a guy before we are even going out!?!?!?  Give me a break.

Speaking of lawyers… so this meeting on Friday in LA.  It went well to some degree.  They have a lawyer on their side from Chicago.  He played the bad cop in the last meeting.  And this time he tried to be sensitive.  I think I would not like the guy except that he has amazing blue eyes.  Seriously.  The guys who went with me would fire me for saying that… they hate him. But wow!  Then the guy goes and ruins it by being so, so… something.  I don't know what.  He just kept saying "Well, I can be in touch with you next week, we'll have to coordinate time zones.  I'll be in London."…. "I have many clients in London."…  "Feel free to send me an email, I'll get it even though I'll be in London."  We get it.  You in London.  You're cool.

And by the way, I may just be a dumb girl in finance, but I can totally see when a lawyer is suggesting that we investigate this and that… and keep him on at his ginormous rate.

Ok, gotta run.  I'm going to Paris.  Just kidding.

4 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe the psychic was wrong, maybe he's a lawyer.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a Greek lawyer. Very nice guy, but really short. He's actually someone who's shorter than me, which is rare around here...since in my part of the country everyone's a 6-foot-tall descendant of Thor.

Someone who likes lawyers. Hmm...I'll have to remember that. You may be the only one to ever admit to it.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Stationery Girl said...

Sara Jane, how the heck did it take me this long to figure out you had a blog? I'm thrilled! I now have plenty of late night reading to catch up on!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you ever look back on the past few days and wonder why haven't I posted?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home