Yes, it was said
I was at a party on Friday night. Hanging out with a very cool pastor friend of mine (he was smoking a pipe, yes he's cool). An older guy comes over and starts saying how awful NO was and totally deserved the wrath God unleashed on them. Huh, do you and I know the same God? Please go mention that to the people who have lost their loved ones and all of the earthly belongings. I dare you.
So it was talk to that guy or my ex and his new wife of one week. I congratulated the ex. Less awkward.

3 Comments:
That is bad when talking to one's ex becomes the more attractive option.
My grandmother said something eerily similar last week, but she's getting old and we don't give much credence to her comments.
File the comment in the same place as you would put the following comments, also heard last week: Allah is punishing the US for having liberated women, and the hurricane is Gaia's punishment for not signing onto the Kyoto treaty.
How flippin Ignorant.
Clearly this gentleman doesn’t watch the news.
Did you tell him... obviously God was at peace with the "sinners" because the French Quarter was the only thing spared?
I guess that just means that God was pretty darn pissed at all the poor folks and those who didn't have much already. He thought, "well, I'm bored this week, and those people aren't contributing much financially to the American economy I'll just take em out.
Post a Comment
<< Home