SaraJane

Just a girl trying to get by. If I found a nice guy to get by with along the way, that wouldn't be all bad.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Bye Blue, I love you.

New adventure of the week:  Selling my beloved vehicle.

My Jeep Cherokee is going to find a new home soon (I hope).  I love this vehicle.  But my father, in his infinite wisdom, says it is no longer the car for me.  So I am putting an ad in the local paper and off it will go.  My dream is to sell it to a girl who will take good care of it.  I know its just a car, but I've cried about this decision for three days.  I love this car, did I mention that?

I know I should be excited to buy a new car, but I can't quite bring myself to that yet.  Not until Blue finds a good home.

Big sigh.

4 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Dagny said...

Why is it no longer the car for you? I never listen to my dad about what kind of car I should drive. If it was up to him, I'd be driving an automatic station wagon -- ick! When I got my current car, there was the lecture on why girls should not drive stick shift.

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got rid of my car of almost 10 years back in March. It is a sad experience, but once you have a new car, the memories of the old car quickly fade and are replaced by new ones.

About the Jeep though - if dad doesn't own it, and you've got to pay for the replacement, it should be your call.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Sara J. said...

The car of choice is a Cooper MINI. I'm single and have a little dog, so I just need something little. We drove one this weekend, my dad and I (he is in the automotive industry which is why he gets to weigh in on this decision)... We decided the MINI S (with the larger engine) is the way to go. And a manual. I prefer a manual transmission. If anyone has an MINI feedback please let me know. (Refrain from asking how many clowns fit in a MINI)...

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Dagny said...

Ooooo ... I am jealous. Right after I purchased my Honda Civic, I realized that I could have had a Cooper Mini for about the same price. It would have been much better for parallel parking purposes. There are so many times I think to myself,"If I had a Mini, I could fit into that space." This is a crucial thing when going out in SF. Then I remember that if I had had the Mini, I would not have been able to move many of my belongings when I moved a few months ago.

There is a woman who works in the business upstairs from me who has a Mini. I have been tempted to ask her if she is happy with her purchase.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home